I often get asked, what ballet clothing I would recommend, so here is my advice:
- Tights – I wear black footless but you can wear anything just look at the Bloc tights collection
- Skirt – I wear black wrap around skirt – I like it to be mid thigh so I go to Move Dancewear for it. See for example Tilly Mid-wrap skirt
- Leotard – I wear black short sleeved (nearest I can find is Bloch Betri L5602)
- Sports bra – who knows, I have never found the perfect one
- Shoes – I would go and try these on . They have to fit like a glove, literally to be a second skin. You need to feel the floor through them almost. Split soles are best which is why you should avoid the Adult Ballet packs that are cheaper but come without split soles. I recommend either the Zenith (pink or black S8282L) or the catchily named ‘neo-flex slip on' (tan SO495L) which has a bit of a heel and is ‘what I wear’ most of the time.